Monday 24 October 2011

Getting rig of negative thinking


1.      One of the most significant things we can do for ourselves is to challenge our negative things – those ‘old tapes’ (‘I’m no good at anything’) – and replace them more positive thinking (‘I’m reading this book and I’m going to get good at chain breaking’).

2.      If we work on this, we can detect those things that we say to ourselves that are keeping us in unhappiness. ‘It was all my fault’ is a common thing we say, and that thought sometimes seem so locked into us that we cannot break it. We can become experts at putting ourselves down, and this is keeping us depressed.

3.      Quiet a large part of our negative thinking can be closely linked to our low self-esteem.

4.      The next time you decide you don’t have the energy to do something, such as go out with your mates, challenge yourself. I hate the whole idea! But make yourself go out, then when you are back asked yourself if you enjoy it. When I do this I find that my anticipated hatred of going out, or meeting someone, isn’t true to the actual, much more positive, feeling when I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment