Saturday 8 October 2011

Exercise focusing on your skills, strengths and learning’s

Make a list of useful and not so useful learning’s. You list may look something like this.

Not so useful things I learnt:

·         To not respect or care for myself
·         That I wasn’t allow to say “NO”
·         To be “hard” outwardly, to appear “tough” and uncaring
·         To doubt my sanity

Useful things I learnt:

·         To take care of myself
·         To look at people’s actions, not their words
·         To empathize with others
·         To hold on because pain lessens with time
·         To know that I am strong, I am a survivor

You may want to think about these learning’s influenced the direction of your life. In doing so, make sure that you focus equally on the positive things in your life. Remember: You survived. You are alive. You have got yourself this far.

List all of your many skills and achievements as part of the exercise, including some of the good things that other people have said about me.

Here is an Affirmation to chant when you feel overwhelmed:

I know I am healing and I am getting stronger, consciously or unconsciously, minute by minute, day by day.

No comments:

Post a Comment